Friday 27 December 2019

Davide Giannubilo - his experience of being an exchange student at Dzemal Bijedic University of Mostar


Davide Giannubilo

Age: 23
Home University: Polytechnic Marche University in Ancona
Host University: “Dzemal Bijedic” University of Mostar
Exchange period: 25th of February till the 09th of July 2019

Hello everybody,

My name is Davide Giannubilo and I am an Italian ex-student of the Polytechnic Marche University in Ancona, maybe some of you know it and where it is. (ex-student because now I am working)

Anyway, I am here to speak about my Erasmus story in Mostar I have been from the 25th of February till the 09th of July. First of all you should know that, this one was not my first Erasmus experience since I have already done one in 2018 in Portugal (Covilhã). So, for this reason, I already knew what was waiting for me, but everything was different.

You know, in Italy nobody speaks about the Balkan and, when I saw the opportunity to come in Bosnia & Herzegovina, I said “Ok, I wanna try it”, also because I wanted do a different Erasmus experience than the classical ones.

So I have chosen Mostar because it has a good faculty for my studies, which are Computer Science Engineering. The university is small but it is well managed, the courses are very good and the professors as well.

About Mostar, I liked it a lot because I have never been in a city with the mosques, that was my first time, I have never been in a small university like the “Džemal Bijedić” of Mostar. I met a lot of friends from faculty and during my staying and I have experienced what means be a “Mostarac” going around the city with them. I tried a lot of new dishes like burek, čevapi, etc… and they are very good. (said from a guy who has the best cuisine in the world)

This was a different experience because everything was different from that one in Portugal; the city, the people, the war, the way of think, the university and that is why I have loved and I will love that place and that country because I learnt a lot of things thanks to those differences.
I think that Mostar and the entire Bosnia & Herzegovina has a big opportunity to grow up with the Erasmus program and with its students. Only together we will reach our goal.

Thank you

I will come back.
Davide Giannubilo


No comments:

Post a Comment

Alicia Martinez - her experience of being and exchange student at "Dzemal Bijedic" University of Mostar

Alicia Martinez Age:  22 Home University:  “Dzemal Bijedic” University of Mostar Host University:  University in Ancona, Italy Exchange peri...